The ‘concreting techniques and practices’ course will help learners understand the importance of making good quality concrete resulting in durable structures. This course will impart knowledge on materials used in concrete, relevant Indian Standard Codes, and practical aspects on concreting activities at projects.
The course provides practical knowledge on concrete technology which includes testing of materials, Indian Standard code procedures, handling of concrete at projects, do’s and don’ts for concrete, etc. This course also provides knowledge on Self Compacting Concrete, Pavement Quality Concrete, Dry Lean Concrete and Mass Concrete. The learner will get practical tips on best practices in concrete construction from L&T’s decades of experience in handling hundreds of millions of cubic meters of concrete in its project sites. This course will help the learner acquire application-oriented knowledge in concrete technology.
The objective of the course is:
- To acquire knowledge on the materials used in Concrete and their testing as per relevant Indian standard codes and practical aspects on concreting activities at projects.
- To comprehend the techniques on Blending of aggregates
- To learn a complete mix design as per the project requirement.
- To understand the challenges in placement of concrete and site related issues
On successful completion of the course, the learners will be able to:
- Evaluate the properties of concrete by conducting test on cement, aggregate and concrete (with & without admixtures) for using the data for mix design procedures.
- Understand to select and proportionate different materials used in a concrete mix including admixtures.
- Design a concrete mix as per requirement of construction project.
- Apply the best practices in concrete construction from industry’s requirement, thumb rules, mitigation of concreting issues at Sites.